What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that add or restore lost volume to the face and smooth out wrinkles and facial folds.* As we age, volume leaves the face and makes us look older and more gaunt. Thankfully, dermal fillers can achieve beauty enhancement by balancing the profile and contouring its edges. They are an excellent solution for the common signs of aging, including: lost volume in the lips, noticeable nasolabial folds, lost elasticity and hollowness or dark circles under the eyes.* At Laser Aesthetic in Methuen, our line of fillers include Restylane, RADIESSE, Sculptra, and BELOTERO.
What is Restylane?
With more than 40 million treatments completed worldwide and counting, the Restylane line of hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers is the broadest portfolio of fillers in the U.S. Restylane is the only line of fillers with treatments FDA-approved for both the face and hands.
The Restylane family of fillers at Laser Aesthetic
Restylane uses two types of technologies to deliver a natural and youthful-looking appearance. Certain Restylane products are formulated with XpresHAn Technology™, which are the only HA filler options proven to maintain natural facial expressions.
Select Restylane products are formulated with NASHA Technology, which creates a firmer gel texture that allows for precise injection, leading to a more pronounced lift and smoother skin. All Restylane products deliver natural-looking results.
- RESTYLANE® and RESTYLANE-L® correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (smile lines). They are also used for injection into the lips for added volume.
- RESTYLANE® Lyft is for deep implantation for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (smile lines) and for cheek augmentation, for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies. It is also used to treat volume loss in hands.
- RESTYLANE® Silk is for lip augmentation and for the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth.
- RESTYLANE® Kysse is for lip augmentation designed for flexible movement and natural looking volume. It also enhances the texture and color of the lips while maintaining a full range of expressions.
- RESTYLANE® Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- RESTYLANE® Defyne helps smooth out deep laugh lines and enhance chin projection.
- RESTYLANE® Refyne, Restylane® Defyne and Restylane® Kysse are designed with XpresHAn Technology™. This can help you restore a more natural look to your face while maintaining your facial expressions.
- RESTYLANE® Contour is a cheek filler designed with with XpresHAn Technology™ to restores your natural contour while maintaining your natural expressions.
During your free consultation, we will assess your skin and face to determine a customized treatment plan to restore volume and create a more balanced look.*
FDA-approved for both face and hands, this dermal filler works by stimulating your body’s own natural production of collagen for a more overall refreshed appearance. Facial treatment areas include smile lines, marionette lines, pre-jowl folds, the corners of the mouth and chin wrinkles, and hand enhancements include restoring lost volume and minimizing the visibility of veins and tendons. These injections can be done within an hour and are FDA-approved to be mixed with lidocaine to greatly reduce any pain or discomfort. Results are almost immediate and can last up to a year in some patients.
This FDA-approved poly-L-lactic acid subtly and gradually restores facial volume over time, by stimulating natural collagen growth. On average, patients typically receive three injections over the course of a few months, with results lasting for two years or longer in many cases. Results may not be as immediate as other treatments, but become more noticeable over time.
BELOTERO is FDA-approved to treat folds and wrinkles all over the face. BELOTERO BALANCE treats moderate to deep lines and wrinkles, such as lines around the mouth, frown lines, nasolabial lines (the lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth) and marionette lines.
What to Expect
During your appointment, one or more filler products will be injected into the predetermined areas of your face. We strive to make you feel as comfortable as possible, and we can provide you with an anesthetic to limit any pain. The smooth gel is injected slowly using small, thin needles to minimize any bruising. After the injections are made, your provider will massage the area to balance out the filler and give you a completely natural look.
The Benefits of Dermal Fillers
For many individuals, corrective treatments can last up to a year, with certain products in the delivering real results that last even longer.* However, each patient is unique, and the length or your results will depend on how quickly your body metabolizes the product. Eventually, dermal fillers do leave the system and touch-up treatments are recommended.
No Plastic Surgery Needed
All it takes is a simple series of injections. There are no incisions or surgical instruments used. This also means that there is zero downtime.
Perfect For All Skin Types
All of these filler products are suitable for every skin type. Almost everyone is a candidate.
Before and After Photos
*Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.
*Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.
Schedule your Free Consultation in Merrimack Valley
To get dermal filler injections at Laser Aesthetic in Methuen, MA, request a consultation online or give us a call at (978) 685-2737. We serve Methuen, Lawrence, Haverhill, Andover, Lowell and Dracut.