Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and just as other organs have their issues, your skin can also develop problems over the course of your lifetime. Your skin is constantly changing; new age spots can appear, acne comes and goes, and it’s texture and color changes with the seasons. As a skin care spa, we’ve seen quite a few different skin problems, but luckily with improved industry technology we are able to reduce or even eliminate these issues. Below we’ve compiled a list of the most common skin problem that can easily be treated using laser therapy.
Skin Issues Treatable with Laser Therapy
- Telangiectasia. It may be hard to pronounce, but it’s certainly easy to detect on the skin’s surface. Telangiectasia occurs when tiny blood vessels widen and cause threadlike, thin lines on the skin. They often cluster and form slowly over the course of months or even years. Telangiectasia is not to be confused for spider veins as the blood vessels are much smaller and more red in appearance.
- Rosacea. A widely common skin condition that results in permanent redness of the skin. Almost exclusively occurring on the face, rosacea starts with the ability to blush or flush quickly an easily — more so than other people. Although not harmful, it can impact people’s self esteem and can often spread from the nose and cheeks to the forehead and chin.
- Leg veins. Leg veins and spider veins are most commonly found on the legs either behind the knee or on the inner thigh. Not to be confused with the larger, gnarled varicose veins, leg veins are blue or purple in color and much smaller. However, they do spread out in thin lines much like a spider’s web.
- Port wine stain. These birthmarks are deep red or purple in color and can either be quite large or small. Found almost anywhere on the body, many people with port wine stains on the face have reported lower self esteem and self consciousness. Luckily, with laser therapy from the Cutera Excel V laser, port wine stains can be significantly reduced in color.
- Sun spots & age spots. Benign pigmented lesions are one of the most common skin conditions. Most noticeable on those with fair skin, sun spots and age spots form throughout the lifetime of the individual and can often grow larger and become more prominent in appearance over time.
- Angiomas. These benign tumors are found almost anywhere on the body on those aged 30 or older. Their red-colored appearance is the result of tiny blood vessels located inside the lesion. The most common forms that can easily be treated with laser therapy are spider angiomas and cherry angiomas.
- Poikiloderma. Hypo or hyperpigmentation is common for those who are often exposed to the sun for long periods of time. This skin condition is characterized by red colored skin pigmentation either on the neck or the chest that does not go away. Although the condition is common and chronic, there are no health risks.
- Acne scars. At Laser Aesthetic, the majority of our patients who opt for the Cutera Excel V laser want to reduce their acne scarring. Acne scars are the result of picking at, scratching, or popping acne and not letting it heal properly. These scars can often become pitted and may be red in appearance. The Cutera Excel V laser was designed to reduce redness as well as skin conditions that are blue, purple, or brown.
How Laser Aesthetic Can Help
Our professional med spa and skin care center can visibly reduce or eliminate your common skin condition with our Cutera Excel V laser. This laser was designed to treat up to 20 different skin lesions in a matter of minutes depending on the surface area needed to cover. If you’re ready to improve your confidence and reduce the look of your skin lesion, set up a free consultation today.