July 4th week is quickly approaching, which is safe to say you will probably end up in a bathing suit at some point. Whether you’re heading to a lake side cabin in New Hampshire or Maine, or heading down to the Cape or South Shore to enjoy the ocean, you want to make sure you’re ready for that bathing suit. At Laser Aesthetic, we say it’s time to finally ditch the razor and opt for a bikini or Brazilian wax instead.
The Benefits of Bikini Waxing
You’ve probably heard that the more you wax, the slower the hair will grow back. This is absolutely true because with waxing, the entire hair is removed from the root within the follicle. Not only will it take much longer (an average of 4 weeks) for the hair downstairs to grow back, but there are also a few more added benefits.
- Improved skin health. The warm wax won’t just remove every hair, it will also remove surface skin cells that are dead. This will leave the topmost layer of skin smooth and healthy.
- Thinner, finer hair. Those who are getting their bikini area waxed for the first time will likely experience some pain. The pain stems from the bulb of the hair follicle being much larger and the pore is much smaller compared to this bulb. Forcing a large follicle bulb through a small pore will be slightly uncomfortable the first time, but luckily the more often you wax, the smaller the bulb will be. Contrary to popular believe, waxing will not make your pores larger.
- Smoother results. Unlike using a razor that can leave red bumps, scabs (ouch!) and in-grown hairs, bikini waxing removes the entire hair on the first go. You can expect the smooth skin for weeks on end and never have to worry about the dreaded stubble.
- Reduced irritation. Razors, hair removal cream and epilation can cause irritation and may lead to breakouts, swelling, and redness. Although the wax may feel warm and the initial tug may sting slightly, the bottom line is that there is little to no irritation after the procedure. Most of our clients who receive a Brazilian wax for the first time note that there was only minor redness and swelling that was gone within 48 hours.
- Long lasting results. Using a razor only cuts the hair at or just below the surface, which means in just a few days there will be stubble again. Waxing ensures longer lasting results so you can stay in that bathing suit virtually all week long without having to worry about a thing!
What You Need to Know About The Brazilian Wax at Laser Aesthetic
“I went for a Brazilian wax, and OMG what an AMAZING EXPERIENCE! I was able to get an appointment right away. Prices were great for all the services offered.”
Anyone who contacts us here at Laser Aesthetic is more than welcome to just come in for an initial chat. During this consultation we will answer any questions you might have about skin care routine after the appointment as well as how to prepare. We urge our customers to make sure there is a quarter inch of hair to work with and we also have topic numbing ointment on-hand for anyone who requests it. Our goal is to make sure you are as comfortable and as informed as possible before your first Brazilian or bikini wax.
Ready to take the plunge and get ready for those 4th of July celebrations? Contact Laser Aesthetic online to request an appointment.